The 10th international conference on Pluricentric Languages and their Non-Dominant Varieties with a special focus on Africa will be hosted by the University of Leipzig and will be held online from 23 to 25 August 2023. All presentations will be prerecorded and streamed in the presence of the presenters.
1. IMPORTANT DATES
|Submission deadline for the recorded presentations
|August 10, 2023
|August 10, 2023
|Dates of the conference
|August 23-25, 2023
2. MODE OF PARTICIPATION
- The presentation time for individual papers is limited to 15 minutes to make sure there is enough time for discussion and to enable enough participants to present their paper at the conference.
- The oral presentation can be held in Arabic, English, French, Hausa, Portuguese, or Swahili, but all written material (slides, handouts) must be in English.
- In order to avoid delays caused by technical issues with microphones, cameras, internet connections, etc.), we would like all presentations to be recorded beforehand, but they will be streamed in the presence of the presenter. Presentations therefore will not be held live. After streaming the presentations in each session, a general live discussion of all papers will be held in which the authors answer the questions live.
- We ask all presenters to record their presentation, for example via:
- Deadline for submitting the recorded presentation: August 10, 2023.
- Please e-mail your video file to firstname.lastname@example.org, should the file be too large (more than 6 MB) you could for instance use the free file transfer service offered by WeTransfer.
REGISTRATION AND FEES
All participants have to register to attend the conference, as only registered participants will be allowed online access. Please fill out the registration form. We will confirm your registration as soon as we have received the payment of the registration fee.
|Students studying at higher-education institutions in Africa
|Participants affiliated to higher-education institutions in Africa
|Students from other countries
|Non-presenting participants from other countries
|Presenting participants from other countries
3. PUBLICATION OF PAPERS
We are planning to publish a selected number of papers in one or two peer-reviewed open access volume(s) thematically aligned with the themes of the conference at PCL-Press. This will be discussed on the final day of the conference during the closing session.